Pages

Blog Top Sites

Friday, August 24, 2012

Anticipation

In the wise words of Tom Petty, "the waiting is the hardest part".  It's the anticipation or that feeling in the air that something is coming or some change is going to happen.  I've had that weird feeling all week long. I have felt a little off-kilter and out of balance.

It could be any number of things.  It could be the end of summer.  It's been a hot year, and I'm anxious for the hot spell to end since I don't care for hot summer weather.  Maybe I have the summer doldrums. 

It could be the pending start of the school year.  My youngest son will be a senior this year.  Yay, class of 2013!  It could be that my own schooling starts up again on September 12th.  I've really enjoyed having this past month "off" and not having to worry about homework.  For some reason, I enjoyed the time off much more this time around.  Maybe I'm just tired of school! 

It could be that Alex, my youngest son comes home either today or tomorrow.  He's been on the road with his Dad this past week, and the house has seemed lonely and quiet.  Last time Alex went on the road, his older brother, Matt, was still taking college classes and was home.  This time, Matt is working.  Matt works longer hours than I do, and I am usually the last one to leave in the morning and the first one home each night. 

Maybe it's the construction at work.  Our department is relocating to a newly renovated space soon.  We will be moving upstairs by six floors in approximately another month. While I am not looking forward to the actual packing and moving, having new space and the fact that we will all be together in one place will be nice. 

Or maybe it's something I haven't even anticipated.  If that's the case, I hope it is a pleasant surprise.

Life needs mystery or else everything else flattens into a routine
so familiar you wonder if you will ever get out of the rut. We need
the sweet pain of anticipation to tell us we are really alive.
Dave Kindred


SOURCES:  http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=4359
http://widescreenwallpapers.org/summer-heat-wallpapers.html
http://www.spiritline.com/catalog.cfm?cat=44388
http://www.securitex.com.sg/Securitex_Office_Security_System_2008.htm
http://www.livinglifefully.com/anticipation.htm

2 comments:

  1. This entry certainly lives up to the name of your Blog Donna - I like it and it is making me reflect a bit on my summer......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was fun trying to unravel why I've felt so off-kilter this past week. Alex is home now so we'll soon know if that was it.

    ReplyDelete