Pages

Blog Top Sites

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Musical Neighbors


And, so it begins again … another moving van backing in.  Since the lady next door went into a nursing home and her daughter was unable to sell the house, we’ve had renters living next door.  The last family seemed “okay” to me.  They were always pleasant, and I never heard a peep out of them.  I think I heard their music playing once.  I gather the lady across the street had issues (and words) with them. They moved out rather suddenly last week.

A new family is moving in tonight.  It’s a fairly small house with a fairly small yard on a fairly small street – nothing special.  I keep hoping someone nice will move in there.  I suppose that’s too much to ask given that it’s not a palace.

If you want to be nosey, you can learn a lot about people by looking at their “stuff” as they unload it. So far I saw a lawn chair, a desk, 2 soccer balls and a football.  Not much to go on, but it looks like they have younger kids. 

I will bet the lady across the street does not like them – I believe that was her complaint with the last family – that the kids were in her yard and in her driveway.  I never witnessed that. 

I try not to fight with the neighbors – you’re kind-of stuck with them.  Ignoring them usually works rather well for me.



“We make our friends; we make our enemies; but God makes our next door neighbor.” – Chesterton, Gilbert K.  


SOURCE: http://www.cafepress.com/+baby+yard-signs
http://quotationsbook.com/quote/28114/


No comments:

Post a Comment